October 11, 2011

I'm Back and Mori Girls

Finally! I'm back! It's been a really long hiatus, but there is a reason for that! For one, I moved back home to Oregon. After 15 straight years in NYC, I finally got burnt out and decided I needed a quiet and slower life.

So now I'm back home, in a small town with my grandparents. I love this little town, there aren't a ton of people, and I don't feel the need to go out all the time. I find myself sitting out in the backyard just taking in the peace and quiet and really enjoying it. It's really fun, my grandparents have 3 dogs who are not only sweet, but seriously hilarious.

This is one of the dogs - Jerry, a rat terrier. 
He's the hyper one of the group, but also seriously loving.  

I got myself a new camera (new to me anyhow), a Canon EOS Rebel XTi. Ever since I got here, I've been snapping away. Here are a few shots from around the house.

 
 

Other than that, life has been quiet for me. I'm taking a short break from working, as my hands are full with family related matters. So, even though I'm overwhelmed by that, I'm still trying to calm down and get back to the creative aspects I started off with.  


I'm pretty sure I'm probably the last person on the planet to hear about Mori Girl. To learn about what Mori Girl, or Forest Girl, is, Bust wrote a very heartfelt article about the fashion trend.




Way before I knew what Mori Girl was, I loved the idea of it. I love nature, solitary activities, cozy clothing, and just the relaxed outlook on life. Now that I am finally aware of the fashion trend, I definitely want to hone my style closer to it. I dress cozy as it is, but mainly in a t-shirt and jeans as it's very low maintenance as well.

I have to admit though, the checklist is very overwhelming. I bolded everything that applies to me at the moment.

Mori-Girl (Forest Girl) Checklist

Loves loose fitting one-piece dresses.
Wears one piece dresses and skirts as everyday dresses.
Prefers somewhat quirky clothing to simple ones (but doesn’t really like out and out flashy clothing).
Seemingly natural fashion style with little quirks.
Loves to be particular about materials.
Loves to wear ethnic clothes. (Not quite sure what they mean by "ethnic.")
Dresses in A line clothes.
Loves one-piece dresses little girls would wear too.
Loves smock-like one piece dresses and blouses.
Doesn’t like super sweet fashion.
Loves deep earthy colors like Bordeaux (burgundy), dark green, dark blue, and brown.
Looks good in warm colors.
More comfortable with short nails.
Loves soft, cushy knit or fur caps.
Loves ear muffs.
Loves ponchos and boleros.
Likes to hold leather bags.
Uses pochette at every chance.
Prefers gold accessories to silver ones.
Finds old items charming.
Loves pocket watches.
Loves necklaces with large motifs like loupes.
Loves animal motifs.
Loves candy and sweets motifs.
Loves checks and polka-dots.
Loves retro flower prints.
Loves laces.
Loves tights and leggings.
Wears flat soled shoes as default foot-wears
Loves round-toed shoes.
If wearing sneakers, they must be slip-ons that’s loose fitting and cute.
Prefers cloth buttons to ordinary buttons
Loves to wrap the scarves and stoles all the way around the neck.
Their default winter wear is turtlenecks.
Loves to wear layers.
Feels the pangs for puffed sleeves.
Loves fairy tales.
Have light complexion.
Have soft curled hair.
Have bob cut with short bangs.
Have short bangs, long hair with curly hair.
Is a girlie-girl.
Loves Felissimo.
Loves especially Syrup and Snow Fellisimo
Loves the vibe of Q-pot candy-shaped accessories.
Loves to hang loose/chill at cafes.
Loves to take a walk with a camera in a hand.
Before you know it, you would be shopping from one small shop to the next.
Is a collector;  have a habit of collecting things you love.
Feels happy when you find cute books at bookstores.
You get exited when you are at a furniture store.
Loves hand-made stuff.
Loves winter and autumn as far as the seasons go.
Wants to travel to northern Europe someday.
Likes to put round make-up on cheeks.
If you are going to put any perfumes, you’d like faint flower scents.
A girl with soft air about her (or longs to be one)
A girl with pure and clear air (or longs to be one.)
You were told you permeate a laid-back aura at all time.
You consider Hagu from “Honey and Clover” is a Mori Girl.
Shizuru Satonaka from “Tada, kimi wo aishiteru (I simply love you)” is also a Mori Girl
A friend told you that you look like you belong in a forest
A lot of the unbolded ones, I just haven't tried yet. But I am willing to try. I thrift store shop primarily, so I plan on getting a large amount of my mori clothes from there as opposed to brand new clothing.








 

That's it for now. I'll make sure to blog again soon with some Halloween stuff I've been making!

No comments:

Post a Comment